Learn to Skate-Basic Skills
To register online click here
For flyer/registration form click here
Sylvania Tam-O-Shanter Learn to Skate programs are committed to providing skaters, ages 4 through adult with the basic ice skating skills that are necessary to skate safely and competently, whether for figure skating, ice hockey or recreation. All skaters are required to register annually with Learn to Skate USA (minimal fee applies).
Basic Skills (School Age) Skating Lessons
All classes will be well-structured with the focus on proper skill development taught in a positive, FUN, and social environment. Skaters will progress at their own rate and advance after skill mastery is demonstrated. Designed for skaters 1st – 8th grade, these classes meet in the “Big Rink”, where skaters are grouped based on badge level, and ability level as determined by our professional instructors. Badges are awarded at the end of each session. No experience required. Students must pre-register online. BIKE OR HOCKEY HELMET REQUIRED.
Basic Skills “Beginner” teaches the FUNdamentals of ice skating and provides the best foundation for figure skating, hockey, and speedskating.
Six progressive levels introduce forward and backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, and turns:
- Basic 1 and 2 – Discover, Learn and Play: These introductory levels allow new skaters with no prior skating experience to build confidence while learning to skate.
- Basic 3-6 – FUNdamentals: These levels develop all of the fundamental skating skills on the ice. Focus is on learning the ABCs of basic athleticism: agility, balance, coordination and speed. Upon completion of these levels, skaters will be able to confidently advance to more specialized areas of skating.
Basic Skills “Intermediate” is for skaters who have completed Basic Skill Levels 1-6. In these classes, skaters will advance to more specialized areas of skating.
Cost: $70-90/session (Fee does not include annual $13.25 Learn to Skate USA membership)
- Beginner – 9:00 AM (Danielle Brogley/Leah Winn)
- Intermediate – 9:00 or 10:00 AM (Danielle Brogley/Leah Winn)
Class: Once per Week – 50 minutes
Session: 5-7 weeks
UPCOMING PROGRAM DATES:
- Session 1 – not offered
- Session 2 – October 21, 2017
- Session 3 – December 30, 2017
- Session 4 – March 10, 2018
- Session 5 – May 5, 2018 (5-week session for $70)