Learn to Skate-Snowplow Sam
To register online click here
For flyer/registration form click here
Sylvania Tam-O-Shanter Learn to Skate programs are committed to providing skaters, ages 4 through adult with the basic ice skating skills that are necessary to skate safely and competently, whether for figure skating, ice hockey or recreation.
Snowplow Sam (Pre-School) Skating Lessons
The Snowplow Sam levels are introductory classes divided into four progressive levels allowing children with no prior skating experience to build confidence while learning the basic skills of skating. These classes are designed to help children six and younger develop the ABCs of movement – Agility, Balance, Coordination and speed. The ABCs are essential for developing fundamental movement skills and physical literacy. All classes will be taught in a safe and positive environment, incorporating fun and games making class time an enjoyable experience for all.
Off-ice orientation prior to the first skating class:
- Equipment check – Proper fit and lacing of skates, appropriate attire, and safety helmets.
- Practice falling and recovery, marching in place, dips and one-foot balances.
Students must pre-register online and each class is limited to 8 skaters. Classes may be combined or cancelled if enrollment numbers are below 3 skaters. Rental Skates included. BIKE OR HOCKEY HELMET REQUIRED.
- $45/session for 5-week sessions (Fee does not include annual $13.25 Learn to Skate USA membership)
- $55/session for 7-week sessions (Fee does not include annual $13.25 Learn to Skate USA membership)
Schedule (choose one):
- Monday 1:00 Pm
- Tuesday 6:00 PM
- Tuesday 6:30 PM
- Wednesday 1:00 PM
- Wednesday 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Saturday 9:30 AM
- Saturday 10:00 AM
Times: Morning, Afternoon & Evening Classes Available
Class: Once per Week – 30 minutes
Session: 5-7 weeks
UPCOMING PROGRAM DATES:
Session 1 – September 5, 2016 (5 weeks) Session 2 – October 17, 2016 (7 weeks) Session 3 – January 2, 2017 (7 weeks)
- Session 4 – March 6, 2017 (7 weeks)
- Session 5 – May 1, 2017 (5 weeks)