Learn to Play Hockey-Youth
SPONSORED BY TIM HORTONS
For flyer/registration form click here
To register online click here
Learn to Play Hockey is a well organized step-by-step program that enables children ages 4-14 years to have fun while learning the basics of the great game of hockey from USA Hockey trained instructors.
- No experience preferred
- Affordable ice fee
- 8-week sessions offered year-round
- On-ice two days per week (Wednesdays & Saturdays)
- Affordable equipment rental program for ages 8 & under
This program will prepare players for game play. Players must complete two 8-week sessions of Learn to Play Hockey AND be able to stop in order to join the Tam-O House League.
The weekly lesson plans follow the USA Hockey American Development Model (ADM) with emphasis on skating, puck control, stopping, passing, turning and shooting. Each player receives a jersey and hockey socks. Full equipment is required including stick.
Cost: $175/session (Fee includes 16 ice touches, jersey & hockey socks. Fee does NOT include annual $45 USA Hockey membership for ages 7 & up.)
Schedule (choose one):
- Wednesday at 5:00pm AND Saturday at 10:00am – Group A
- Wednesday at 5:45pm AND Saturday at 9:00am – Group B
Class: Twice per Week – 45-50 minutes
Session: 8 weeks
UPCOMING PROGRAM DATES:
- Session 1 – October 11, 2017 (no class on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year)
- Session 2 – January 17, 2018
- Session 3 – April 4, 2018
- Session 4 – June 2, 2018
If your child is not ready for Learn to Play, then you may receive a pro-rated refund minus the number of slots skated, jersey cost, socks cost and $15 administrative fee.