Try Hockey for Free
On Saturday, November 4, 2017… USA Hockey, the National Hockey League, Tam-O-Shanter Ice Arena, and over 500 local programs across the country will encourage kids, ages 4 to 14, to come to a local participating rink and try youth hockey for free.
The event will be held at Sylvania Tam-O-Shanter Ice Arena located at 7060 Sylvania Avenue (next door to Olander Park). Our morning will look something like this…
- 12:15 pm – Check-in (main hallway across from Vito’s Restaurant)
- 12:30 pm – Classroom presentation
- 12:45 pm – Get Dressed
- 1:00 pm – On-ice
- 1:45 pm – Q&A
- 2:00 pm – Conclusion
Skate rental is available at no charge! We will have instructors here to help tie skates and be on the ice with the kids. We encourage those players who have full equipment to bring it with them. A limited supply of sticks and helmets are available. The only required equipment is…
- Loose fitting sweat pants or snow pants (recommended)
- Helmet (hockey helmet or bike helmet are okay),
- Gloves/mittens (any kind),
- Hockey stick (street hockey stick is okay)
Contact Mike Mankowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419.885.1167 x231 for more information.